What is the Receivables>Receipts Page? This page, found under the accounting tab, displays the records of all previously recorded payments: receipts. You may search all previous receipts by payor(tenant) name, property owner (for whom the collections were made on behalf of), property address, or type of payment (online payment, check, money order etc.). The receivables are searchable within the date range you select.
What tasks may be performed in the Receivable>Receipts Page
- Edit or Delete a previously recorded payment - all balances on your books and amounts owed by tenants will be reflected accordingly
- Print a Receipt of Payment - so you may provide a hard copy to the tenant
- View a list of past transactions for specified date ranges, owners, tenants, or types of transactions (just use one or more of the filtering options)
** What happens if an online payment is declined, where can I find records and explanations of these declines: the record will be displayed in the "Failed" transaction view - simply click on the "Failed" icon to view any
General Overview Screenshot of Receivable>Receipts Page (zoom in on your browser if text is too small to read):
How to use receipts page effectively:
1. Make sure your date range includes all past transactions you are searching for
2. Search the receipt by tenant name or address, or by filtering down to a specific owner
3. Once you've found the receipt you are looking for, click on it to:
- Adjust the receipt/payment - if payment has not been recorded properly or additional info must be added; account balances will be reflected accordingly
- Mark as a bad payment - if a payor check does not clear, or payment is unsuccessful for any reason, mark payment as bad; if the payment is marked as bad, any applicable late fees will be charged to the tenant. You may asses additional fees to the tenant that arise as a result of the failed payment; you may also add a description of the failed payment for your records and so the tenant will understand the situation.
- Remove Payment - if the payment was recorded by accident, reverse your mistake by removing the payment; the charges will be reassessed to the tenant as well as any applicable late fees - note: do not use this as a method to adjust improperly entered payments, as unwanted fees might arise as a result; instead, use the "adjust" option
- Print a hard-copy receipt of the payment - if you would like to provide the tenant with a hard-copy record of the payment, or simply to keep in your files